I’m not sure if you have noticed but the world is a bit crazy right now.
There’s so much advice out there about how to invest…stocks, crypto, real estate. Which is the safest? What one has the greatest return? Should I just put my money under the bed? My husband and I love investing and like any investors, we have made some good ones and some not so good ones.
But if you want to know the best, safest, smartest, surest investment for the 21st century, I can say without a doubt, it’s YOU…your health, your mindset, your future.
We have long been trained to invest in a house to live in…or in a college education…or in our retirement plan…but what good is any of that without YOU?
What does it look like for your value to be reflected in how you invest your time, money and energy?
Let’s first look at an example….
Case study: ME.
Please understand that none of this is to brag or impress you…but rather to impress upon you the importance of investing in yourself, personal growth and improving your health for the sake of overall success in life.
- I’ve invested heavily in learning about health, both formally (several degrees) and informally (thousands of hours of reading, podcasts, live events and being mentored)
- I have invested/do invest in gym memberships, personal trainers, fitness equipment etc.
- I take supplements daily
- I travel across the country twice/year to see my doctor (no one can be their own doctor all the time…investing in yourself involves getting help)…this is one of my best investments in terms of health and growth
- I invest in body work (chiropractic and others)
- I invested in and regularly use a sauna, inversion table and full body healing mat
- I invest in regular testing (blood work, Micronutrient testing etc.)
- I invest time doing coffee enemas, sun soaking, food prepping and castor oil packs
- I invest time in meditation, prayer, bible reading and journaling
- I invest time and planning for eating only organic, vegan whole foods
I could go on and on…investing in my health and future success, empowers me to help myself and you, my New Hope Health family is a top priority for me. I want to get the most out of each day which involves maximizing my sleep, energy, nutrition, etc. I am on a mission to change health care in the US, and I can’t do that if I am not looking and feeling my best!
Hopefully this gives you some ideas…of course everyone is in a different place and the things you choose may vary in different seasons of life. But there is ALWAYS something you can do to invest in YOU. I have found just like any other investment, typically the more you put in, the more you’ll get out!
Investments of your time and energy:
Investing your time and energy in your health could include time spent:
- Food prepping
- Grocery shopping
- Skin brushing
Some would say that these things “take time” but actually, I’d argue that they are really, “giving us time back”. These are time GIVERS, not takers. All these things can be enjoyable ways to reduce stress and increase health. Think about what your life would look like if you spent even 15 minutes/day doing one of these things. Many would for example reduce stress, which reduces cortisol levels, which improves sleep and energy and helps you lose weight. You start seeing how it may be worth it to prioritize your self-care as it could literally add years and vibrancy to your life.
Money…investing your money into your health can be so powerful and yet again, we haven’t been trained to do this. You don’t think twice about investing in a house, a new business venture or your child’s college education…but what good is any of that if you don’t have YOU…or if you don’t feel well etc.?
I would never ask you to invest in a way that I haven’t. I have invested heavily in my health over the past 2 decades and am always so glad that I did.
Here’s a few ways that you can invest financially in your health:
- Bodywork such as massage therapy
- Comfortable workout shoes
- Books about health: Get Healthy Now, Quantum Weight Loss Blueprint, Quantum Weight Loss Blueprint Journal
- Testing (Cell Science Micronutrient, QRA, Nutrigenomix, etc.)
- Exercise equipment or gym memberships
- Counseling or other mental health helps such as ERT
- Coaching/consulting (I’d love to help you)
- Self-care tools such as a personal sauna or Therasage mat
- A new class- yoga, weight lifting, ballet
- Properly done dental work (this can be a big one but is SO important to overall health)
What keeps you from investing in your greatest earthly possession (your health)?
This may be somewhat unique to each person, but I find the reasons typically fall into 1 or more of 3 categories:
- Time/business- This is a cover. We all have the same number of hours in the day and many high performing busy people make time. It’s totally possible for you! I always start with “what can you stop doing that is taking your time but isn’t profitable to your life?” This could include watching TV, watching the news, scrolling on social media etc. This often gives you back LOTS of time. But if you don’t have habits like this, it’s possible that you just need to say “no” to some things. Sometimes even good things can get in the way of what we need to do. Or, you may just need to prioritize these things…that means literally put them into your schedule, just like you would any other appointments.
- Money- Sorry, friends but this is another one where we often find the time or in this case money to do that which we really value. Start by asking “how can I invest more into my health” rather than dwelling on the “I can’t afford it” thought. Then, like above, consider where you can cut spending on things that aren’t helping you. Are you spending $50/month on coffee? $150/month on cable TV? $10/month on magazines you don’t read? $100/month on eating out/fast food or junk food? These are easy things to reduce or eliminate. If you don’t have things like that, just like with the time inventory, are there things you are spending on that maybe aren’t bad but perhaps you don’t need? Or are there ways to reduce expenses (sometimes you can save a lot by doing things like shopping your car insurance, etc).
- Mis-guided thoughts about yourself- Sadly, this is likely the most common…even when you think it’s one of the above, it often comes down to this. Feelings of guilt, low self-worth or just feeling like you don’t deserve incredible health and doing what it takes to get it. You were created in God’s image. You have GREAT value. You are worth it and so are all the people you’re able to impact when you’re full of life. You have a spirit of love, power and discipline. Often times when we don’t take good care of ourselves, we rob our families, jobs and the world of our bright shining light that we were created to use.
When you’re nourished, from the inside out…in mind, body and spirit, you show up differently in the world. You shine brighter. You’re a more positive version of who you once were. You’re a better parent, spouse, worker, athlete, student etc. It’s You…but just You 2.0
If you need help with your health and are ready for a completely new life, reach out to the clinic to schedule your appointment today! 269-204-6525
Nothing said or implied in this post is intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. It does not take the place of a qualified health care practitioner and is intended for educational purposes only.