Eat Your Ice Cream- Guilt-free!
We all love ice cream…but of course, most ice cream is made from primarily cow’s milk and sugar. Even lots of the non-dairy ice creams are less than ideal made from a base of cashews or coconut which is fine, but then often have lots of sugar and oils added as well.
What if there was a way to have creamy, soft-serve, sweet and delicious ice cream that also IMPROVED your health?
Enter…Banana Nice Cream!!
You will need a high-speed blender for this. I highly recommend the Vitamix (If you’d like to order, click here.)
5 reasons that this is an amazing treat!
- It tastes SO good. Your kids, friends and family will love it!
- It’s actually good for you!
- It’s WAY less expensive than regular ice cream and non-dairy substitutes.
- You will never waste bananas again…when they start to get soft, just freeze them.
- This base “recipe” is super easy to customize for all kinds of health goals.
The “base recipe”:
To make the “base recipe”, all you need is frozen bananas and a bit of liquid (water or nut milk). Literally, that’s it. Put a few bananas (depending on how much you want to make) in your blender with a small amount of liquid (1/4-1/2 cup) and use your tamper to blend until smooth.
If you’d rather have a “shake” instead of ice cream, just add a bit more liquid until it’s the consistency that you like.
Then comes the fun part…the add ins…
Here are your options (just to name a few)
- Nut butter- almond, walnut or Brazil nut butters are the best (Not peanut butter…see here for more info).
- Chopped nuts or seeds- hemp seeds, walnuts or Brazil nuts are my favorites!
- Protein powders (Plant Protein, Warrior Food Natural (1.10 lb and 35.2 oz), Warrior Food Vanilla (1.10 lb and 35.2 oz))- This is great for those who need protein but want ice cream!
- Flavors like vanilla or cinnamon
- Sweeteners aren’t normally needed but if you like it a bit sweeter, you can add:
- Chopped berries or cherries
- Superfood powders such as:
The sky is the limit. You can add anything you like to support your taste and health needs!
A few things to note for best results:
- Oddly enough, this ice cream doesn’t freeze well…it wont hurt to freeze it but you’ll need to get it out 20 minutes before you want to eat it because it freezes ROCK SOLID and has to warm up to get creamy again…so it’s best to make it fresh and eat it right away.
- You can use other fruits (besides bananas) but know that bananas are best for a creamy consistency.
This is a fabulous gateway into the world of healthy eating. If you have friends or family who think they must sacrifice taste in order to be healthy, you will want to share a dish of this at your next get together.
Feel free to spread this post around to your family and friends.
If you are dealing with a health challenge and need some help, we’d be delighted to support you! Reach out by calling the clinic at 269-204-6525 or feel free to email if that’s easier at FrontDesk@NewHopeHealth.com
Nothing said or implied in this post is intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. It does not take the place of a qualified health care practitioner and is intended for educational purposes only.