CBD has become a nationwide sensation in the natural products industry. People are trying it in different forms for all kinds of issues, ranging from serious issues like cancer and seizures to more common symptoms such as headaches, anxiety2 and insomnia3. It can make a huge difference for some people and can be of no help at all for others.
The purpose of this blog is to talk about QUALITY. As with any supplements, finding a good quality source is key from both a safety and an efficacy standpoint. The CBD market is one of the most saturated with adulterated products that range from ineffective to toxic.
The hemp extract/CBD product from Premier Research Labs (PRL) is an excellent quality product. This is verified by third party testing as well as QRA (Quantum Reflex Analysis, an advanced form of energetic testing).
There are several things that must be present (or not present) to ensure a safe CBD product. PRL makes available the quality testing for this product. It shows several important things:
- It is free of heavy metals such as lead, mercury, arsenic and cadmium.4
- It is free of several common bacteria (E coli, salmonella, etc.)4
- It also ensures that it conforms to USP standards regarding pesticides, solvents and gluten.4
- Many CBD products are diluted with synthetic cannabinoids. This one, however, is verified pure.4
- It verifies the identity of the substance, that it is indeed hemp as it claims.4
- It has equal to or less than 0.3% of THC (the component that causes a person to feel “high”).4
- Different sections of the above is verified via 4 different independent labs.4
It is important to look for these things when selecting CBD (or any other supplement for that matter). Further, it is also important to seek out supplement manufacturers/companies who practice with integrity and openly share all quality control information about each product that they provide. If they can’t do this, we ought not to recommend them! This is one of many reasons that I use and love Premier Research Labs and carry them in my clinic.
If you have followed me for long, you know I am not a quick-fix, “just take this supplement” type of practitioner. That said, if you are dealing with anxiety, sleep issues or any other symptoms, good quality supplementation is only part of the solution. Your diet, thoughts, habits and support system all play a role as well.
If you need help putting together a plan specific for your needs, that is what we are here for! Call the clinic today to reserve your spot in the schedule: 269-204-6525
1. Premier Reserach Labs Hemp Extract. https://prlabs.com/premier-hemp-extract.html. Accessed October 29, 2020.
2. Blessing EM, Steenkamp MM, Manzanares J, Marmar CR. Cannabidiol as a Potential Treatment for Anxiety Disorders. Neurotherapeutics. 2015. doi:10.1007/s13311-015-0387-1
3. Kesner AJ, Lovinger DM. Cannabinoids, Endocannabinoids and Sleep. Front Mol Neurosci. 2020. doi:10.3389/fnmol.2020.00125
4. Premier Hemp Certificate of Analysis. https://smhttp-ssl-80836-prlabs.nexcesscdn.net/media/wysiwyg/prlabs/ProductPages/20200117090305819.pdf. Accessed October 6, 2020.
Nothing said or implied in this post is intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. It does not take the place of a health care practitioner. It is for educational purposes only.