I am not afraid of epidemic illness.
I know what the media is saying. I am aware of the CDC’s stance. I understand the domino effect of major events being cancelled. I am still NOT afraid. Let’s unpack this issue together.
First, I just want to say that for the most part, media is a tool of the government. They report what they are told/allowed to report, so much of what you are hearing isn’t even true or is only a partial truth or is some twist of the truth. It’s important to get our information from trusted researchers, naturopathic doctors, scientists and health detectives… The trouble is, these people aren’t normally the ones who are being interviewed so that can make it feel like you’re on your own. Hopefully this will shed some light and clarity.
The best time to start building a great immune system is a year ago… But the second best time is To Get Healthy Now!
Your immune system is your internal army. Its job is to discern what is safe versus what is harmful for your survival. When it detects something harmful, a battle begins. Sometimes, this is evident by symptoms such as vomiting, diarrhea, skin reactions, headaches, fever, etc. But more often, this response is going on without us even being aware of it. That is great news! You are such an incredibly, powerfully made creation!
Let me ask you this: If your family were in danger and you had to hire a group of warriors to stand outside your home to protect you and your family, what would you expect of them? How would you want them to train? Think? Eat? Would you be okay to know that they stayed up late watching TV last night? Would you be comforted when they pulled up for their shift to see beer cans and pizza boxes in their car? Would you love to know that they cheated on their detective exams? NO!!! OF COURSE NOT! You would expect them to have THE BEST training available if you were going to hire them to protect your precious family. Nothing but the best would suffice for such a job.
My friend, YOU are this treasure! If there is one good thing that has come from the craziness from the media about the Coronavirus, perhaps it is this: It is time for you to start caring and practicing healthy living habits for YOU in the way you care for all the other people, jobs, tasks, etc. in your life.
Trust in God (no fear) but tie up your camels (take reasonable precautions).
Why do some people get sick and others don’t? Germ vs. Terrain Theory:
The germ theory is the idea that all illness comes from some pathogen or germ. The goal if you believe this would be to avoid contact with all germs and anyone who has them. This is not possible, nor would it create a fun life. You’d have to literally live in a sterile bubble. No thanks. Not to mention, if this were true/accurate, then EVERYONE who came in contact with a given pathogen would get sick, not just some.
The terrain theory recognizes that we either welcome or resist disease of any kind by the terrain or environment of our body. A well-cared for body and practicing naturopathic principles will resist pathogens way more effectively than a sick body. How are you training your “troops” (aka immune system)? A strong immune system is ready and able to fight, and it is good at it!
*Personal side note to illustrate this point: Multiple times I have been enjoying time with friends or family outside when mosquitos seem to be eating everyone else alive. I have seen these little bugs land on me and instantly fly away (without harm). They don’t like me. They are parasites who are looking for an easy (and tasty) ride… They want to suck the blood of someone who is full of sugar, foreign protein and an out of balance pH. My blood is gross to them! Yes!!
Who will get sick in the coming days?
The answer to this question has never changed. The people who will get sick are most often those who have a lifestyle that welcomes illness. These are the same people who are quickest to get sick when there’s ANYTHING going around (flu, strep, colds, etc.). These are the ones who have a poor diet, don’t sleep enough, don’t exercise, maintain high stress levels and are generally unhealthy and out of balance. With rare exception, these are things that most of us have LOTS of control over.
Prudent precautions for creating a bullet proof immune system- Do this:
- Wash your hands. Yes, you should be doing this any way but many people don’t. A virus can be easily spread from simple touching the same gas pump, atm/debit card buttons or door handle from an infected person. Wash your hands regularly with soap before eating, after using the restroom, after being in public places, etc. But don’t do so out of fear and paranoia. It’s just a good habit to do and teach your children to do.
- Sleep. One of the most powerful things that you can do for your immune system is to get regular, good quality sleep each night. Your body does its best healing, restoring and repairing from 10pm-6am so as often as possible, sleep during these hours. Make this a high priority.
- Stay well hydrated. Drink AT LEAST half your body weight in ounces of pure clean water daily, starting first thing in the morning when you wake up. Water is important to life because it is an easy and gentle way to cleanse toxins from your body.
- Do daily exercise and breathing exercises to build up your lung power.
- Consume an organic, whole food, plant-only diet. Specifically, include more: lemon/lime water, fresh garlic and onions, freshly ground flax seeds (important to keep whole until you’re about to consume), fresh ginger, oranges (consuming a bit of the peel is great and can easily be added to green smoothies or any smoothies), beans (black, pinto, kidney and chickpeas to name a few) and fresh pineapple.
*Yes, these are all things that we should be doing anyway!
Prudent precautions to create a bullet proof immune system- STOP doing this:
- Stop stressing. Laugh, journal, go for a walk, pray, breathe, rest. Over 80% of our worries never occur. It will be okay. Do your best and forget the rest.
- STOP listening to the news, especially several times/day. Avoid constantly talking about “how bad this is and who is cancelling what”…it only adds to the drama. Also, if you are around children or anyone prone to anxiety, this is especially important.
- Eliminate or avoid alcohol, coffee, animal products and processed foods.
- Stop doing anything that hinders your sleep (stress, electronics, late night meetings, late night eating, etc.).
*Yes, these are all things that we should NOT be doing anyway!
Just a quick note about supplements… They are just that. They are to SUPPLEMENT a healthy diet AND lifestyle. In practicing naturopathic medicine I always remind people I care for that supplements will never take the place of good hydration, deep breathing, proper sleep, exercise, etc. If you are looking for a magic bullet that you can just take and not make changes, there isn’t one (and if someone tells you otherwise, they are lying). Assuming you are eating a whole food, organic, plant-based diet, I’ve laid out some recommendations. For my clients, we are able to test and know exactly what they need, but for others, this will be a good start. Of course these are general recommendations and will vary from person to person based on lifestyle, body size, age, etc. For the sake of time/space, I won’t go into great detail about each here but feel free to click the link on each product for more information.
*Also please note that the QUALITY of your supplements is vital. Most of the supplements we have tested are inactive and often harmful. It is important to use only cell-resonate food supplements.
- D3 (protective for the upper respiratory system as well as over all immune support)- 3-8 drops (1000-8000 IU) – take with Limonene
- Limonene– 1-3 drops (helps D3 be assimilated)
- HCL– 2-4 caps after each meal with water
- Xenostat– 3-12 capsules with largest meal (iodine source- excellent antiviral)
- Vitamin C (Plant Vitamin C caps, Camu Camu powder or Truly Natural Vitamin C powder)- 1 Tbls or 3 caps/meal
- Fermented Mushrooms– 1- 2 scoops/day in water or smoothie
- Fermented Turmeric– 1- 2 scoops/day in water or smoothie
- Silver (top notch anti-viral)- 1 tsp twice daily
- Green Tea ND– 1 tsp/day in water in the morning
Others that are helpful:
- Digest– 2 per meal
- Greens Powder– 2-4 Tablespoons/day
- DHA- (DHA caps 5-10 caps, DHA+D 1 Tbls, DHA+E 1 Tbls, EPA/DHA Marine Liquid 1 tsp OR EPA/DHA Marine Softgels 2 caps all per/day with largest meal)
- Max B– 1-3 tsp/day sipped slowly over several hours
*You can also diffuse essential oils such as grapefruit, eucalyptus, tea tree, lemon grass and clovebud
Key supplements to have on hand in case you do fall ill (with all of the above as a foundation):
- Silver– 1 Tablespoon 3 times/day
- More vitamin C (Plant Vitamin C caps, Camu Camu powder or Truly Natural Vitamin C powder)- as much as you can tolerate (avoiding loose stool)
- Nucleo Immune– 2-4 caps 3 times/day
- Hyssinol– 2-4 caps 3 times/day
- Pneumoven– 2-4 caps 3 times/day
- Green Tea ND– 2- 3 tsp/day in water in the morning
- Allicidin– 2-4 caps 3 times/day
- ImmunoVen– 2-4 caps 3 times/day
- Olive Leaf Immune– 2-4 caps 3 times/day
*Again, most of these are things that I keep on hand anyway so I have them for emergencies.
For the record, I suppose this could be considered my official “Corona/COVID 19” post but really, this article is about creating an immune system that will resist ANY illness or dis-ease through healthy lifestyle tips. These are timeless and well researched naturopathic principles of a powerful and limitless immune system, like the one you were originally designed with!
You are a much loved treasure. Take good care of you!
~Dr. LeAnn Fritz, PhD
(To read part 2, click here: www.newhopehealth.com/covid-19-defense-coronavirus-facts-alternative-healthcare)
Nothing said or implied in this post is intended to treat, cure, diagnose or prevent any disease. It does not take the place of a qualified health care practitioner and is intended for educational purposes only.